1. The information below applies to personal information (information about an identifiable individual) we, Rides Limited, collect about you when you visit and use our Rides Platform.
2. When you visit the Rides Platform, we collect some non-personal information, such as the IP address from which you accessed the Rides Platform, the date and time you are visiting, the pages you accessed, the type of browser and operating system you use, and terms you use to search for content on the Rides Platform. We use this information for the purposes of system administration, auditing use of the Rides Platform and improving it for different customer profiles, and for our internal reporting.
5. We may send you promotional marketing from time to time. If you wish to unsubscribe from any promotional communications, you can:
a. follow the unsubscribe instructions sent in the communication;
b. contact us using the contact details in the communication or on the Rides Platform.
6. When you provide us with personal information, we are obliged to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 (the “Act”). We will collect, hold, use and disclose that information in accordance with the principles set out in the Act. This means we will:
a. use personal information only for the purpose we collect it;
b. retain that information only for so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it (which may be for up to one year following deactivation of your User account) ;
c. disclose or release it to a third party only where we are required to or we are permitted by law to do so, if you have authorised the release or disclosure, or where it is the purpose (or a directly related purpose) for which the information was collected.
7. If we deem it necessary, we can disclose personal information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police.
8. If you think we have breached the Act or you would like to find out more about our obligations, information is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz.
9. If you wish to enquire about personal information we hold about you (if any) you can contact us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Rides provides you with the ability to access and edit your personal information. To update your personal information, click Settings in the Rides menu. There you can view, update and correct your User account information. So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, including your name and age, that you cannot alter yourself. We may require proof of certain personal information in order to update it.